In honor of one of God’s greatest creations, and my home, I thought I would share a few nifty eco friendly ideas I have found online regarding Earth Day.
- Over here, You Grow Girl recycles soda bottles to water her garden. Very clever– as I tend to let my plants wilt too.
- Simple Mom has 40 Great tips for Going Green–I love the making your own cleaners. I used to do that and have become a (gasp!) slacker. I also dig the awesome pants made from an adult t-shirt.
- This great post over at Low Impact Betty gives some very valid food for thought on saving money while conserving at the same time.
- Mike Lieberman gave himself a challenge– to do a new green thing every day for a year. He has 365 Tips
And a few things we do around here:
- using cloth instead of paper (we don’t buy paper towels or napkins!)
- grow veggies
- turn off the faucet when brushing teeth
- use reusable water bottles
Tell me, what do you do?